When asked about Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), some people think of a little boy bouncing off the walls. But this dated stereotype leaves out a vast population of adults and children with ADHD whose symptoms are not so easily seen by others. Conversely, some have never heard of this neurodevelopmental condition.
There are millions of people today that have a different kind of brain than most. When you’re living in a world built for the neurotypical brain, you can feel as if you’re terribly alone, that no one is dealing with the same challenges as you. But guess what?
You’re not alone.
Our members come from across the globe, representing a number of fields, ideologies, religions, and cultures. We came together with a need to know ourselves better, a desire to live happy fulfilling lives, and a hunger to find meaningful connections with others as uniquely wired as we are.
In addition to our website, we host an online community for adults on Slack. You don’t have to be alone on your journey, and an online community is a convenient way to be part of a supportive and compassionate group of people. Whether you participate in the site or not, we’d absolutely love for you to be part of this!
Joining the community is completely free. As a member, you’ll have the opportunity to take advantage of an increasing variety of benefits, including:
- Sharing your unique point of view on topics that affect ADHD people every day
- Offering support to other ADHDers struggling with issues you’ve dealt with yourself
- Sharing stress-reducing tips and tricks
- Access to a support system that can help answer questions about ADHD
- Ability to ask questions of ADHD coaches-in-training in a dedicated channel
Some ideas we have for future benefits are:
- Accountability groups with the potential to do weekly calls
- Accountability buddy pairings
- Informal group coaching
- Body double sessions
- Zoom Yoga Classes
If this sounds like something you’d like to try, simply complete the form below!