With ADHD you HAVE to be your own advocate!
No two cases of ADHD are identical, and along the way there may be other complicating health factors that make life even harder.
I share my story to inspire you to become your own health advocate, so you can understand no one will do as good a job as you will.
- educating yourself about ADHD and understanding how your symptoms manifest.
- understanding your legal rights in a workplace.
- seeking out coping mechanisms that help you get around your executive functioning deficits.
- keeping track of what works and what doesn’t work for you.
- speaking up when you don’t understand things.
- going the extra step to prepare to make the most out of meetings, appointments or otherwise.
- using your calendar or other scheduling tools.
Remember, there’s no shame here because this is how you were born.
You can sit around all day and wonder why your life is so hard, or you can figure out what works for you and live a better life.
You get to make the choice.
We hope you found this article helpful. If you’d like to support our awesome mission, consider buying us some coffee or becoming part of our editorial crew! Don’t forget, if you have ADHD, you can join our FREEE slack community to hang with us cool kids.