Here are some of the problems in this area you may have experienced for yourself:
- Calling the doctor for an appointment at the last minute to get a prescription for my ADHD medication,
- Figuring out when insurance lets me refill or whether they’ll even cover my medication.
- Wondering whether I’ve taken a pill already today.
- Forgetting to take medication at all
- Forgetting to take it on time
- Wondering where my mail order prescriptions are
I can’t solve most of those ADHD medication management issues for you. But I do know what has helped me. For the other stuff I’d wager you know what to do but it stresses you out every month.
What helps me manage my medication management stress
I know one way or another medication is going to stress me out every month. It seems to be a hallmark of the ADHD experience with American insurance companies. So I know I’ll have the stress but I try to minimize it as a whole to help me handle the big stressors. I sort all my medication for an entire month into pill organizers. This works for me because I’m much more cognizant of how many pills l have left and when I need to call for a medication management appointment.
Why sorting works for me
This relies on the visual cue of me to quickly see when I’m nearing the end of my pill boxes. Here’s why that works better for me:
- Taking multiple medications is confusing early in the morning this simplifies the action of retrieving medication = A little less daily stress.
- It’s a visual cue for me to call for a medication management appointment. A lot less stress.
- For some people this might eliminate the danger of taking your meds twice in one day (for which specifically I recommend this: TimerCap Automatically Displays Time Since Last Opened – Built-in Stopwatch Smart Pill Bottle Cap Medication Reminder Case (Qty 2 – Standard 1.8 oz White Opaque Bottles) EZ -Twist/CRC
What I currently use
I also take medications at night and daily vitamins so I have quite a few.
Ezy Dose Push Button (7-Day) Pill, Medicine, Vitamin Organizer | Weekly, 2 Times a Day, AM/PM | Large Compartments | Arthritis Friendly | Clear Lids
What might be better
Large Monthly Pill Organizer 28 Day Pill Box Organized by Week, TookMag Large 4 Weeks One Month Pill Cases with Dust-Proof Container for Pills/Vitamin/Fish Oil/Supplements
DANYING XL Monthly Pill Organizer, 4 Weeks Pill Box, Daily Medicine Organizer, 28 Days Pill Container, Weekly Vitamin Case
We hope you found this article helpful. If you’d like to support our awesome mission, consider buying us some coffee or becoming part of our editorial crew! Don’t forget, if you have ADHD, you can join our FREEE slack community to hang with us cool kids.